This healthy blueberry banana French toast is soft, moist, and delicious! Blueberries and bananas are the perfect flavors for this favorite brunch food, providing just the perfect amount of sweetness. Top with blueberries, cinnamon, maple syrup, and maybe a dollop of whipped coconut cream to make it even more mouthwatering.
Healthy Blueberry Banana French Toast [Vegan]
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- A pinch of cane sugar (optional)
- 2-3 tablespoons vegan butter
- 6-8 slices of bread
For the Optional Toppings:
- Maple syrup
- Blueberry syrup
- More blueberries and bananas
- Blend up the bananas, vanilla, and almond milk (add sugar if you choose to), and blend until smooth.
- Add blueberries into the blended mixture and pulse until broken up.
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl for dipping.
- Put a little bit of butter in a skillet and let it heat up on high heat, melting the butter.
- Dip your toast into the batter and place on the hot skillet. Cook 2-4 minutes on each side of the toast until brown.
- Plate and top with topping of your choice.