These macaroons are great for coconut lovers because you can get your coconut cookie fix in a healthy(er) way. The recipe uses unsweetened coconut and monk fruit sweetener to cut down on the sugar so you can treat yourself to a second cookie and not feel guilty.
Healthier Macaroons [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Healthier Macaroons [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3 tablespoons ground flax plus 9 tablespoons water
- 8 tablespoons shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 5 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons oat fiber
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup monk fruit sweetener
How to Prepare Healthier Macaroons [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Combine flax and water in large mixing bowl, and stir.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and stir them until they're well-combined.
- Refrigerate your dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F, line baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Roll dough into 15 equal-sized balls, place them on a baking sheet, and push them down to flatten the bottoms.
- Bake them for 30-35 minutes, or until they're slightly firm to the touch. They will firm up a bit more as they cool.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 48 | Carbs: 10 g | Fat: 4 g | Protein: 1 g | Sodium: 8 mg | Sugar: 0 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.