These Grilled Vegetable Farro Bowls are perfect during any time of the year! They are super healthy and delicious. Plus, it's pretty easy to make.
Grilled Vegetable Farro Bowls [Vegan]
For the Bowl:
- 2 cups cooked farro (or brown rice)
- 1, 15.5 ounce can garbanzo beans, rinsed & drained (Black beans work great too!)
- 1 zucchini, cut into half moons
- 1 yellow squash, cut into half moons
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado, diced or sliced
For the Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar (or honey)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Start by cooking your farro (or grain of choice).
- Chop and dice all of the vegetables. Add them to a bowl.
- Toss the veggies in olive oil, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. If you have time, let them marinate for at least 15 minutes (up to an hour).
- While the veggies are marinating, heat the grill to medium-high heat. (If you’re attempting this recipe during the dead of winter, preheat the oven to 425°F.)
- Once marinated, add the veggies to a grill basket or create an aluminum foil packet.
- Once the grill pre-heated, add the vegetables to the grill. Grill for about 12 - 15 minutes.
- While the veggies are on the grill, combine all of the sauce ingredients into a small bowl. Set aside.
- Open and rinse the garbanzo beans. They don’t need to be cooked, but if you prefer them warm, throw them in the grill pan once the veggies are almost done.
- Once the veggies, garbanzo beans, and the farro are done, you’re ready to dish up. In our household, we let everyone add their own sauce to the bowl and top with avocado.