Transform your ordinary salad into a burst of flavors with this quick and healthy grilled nectarine & lentil salad. The sweet smokiness from grilled nectarines combined with peppery rocket (arugula), slightly salty vegan feta, and crunchy toasted almond flakes will make this salad a winning number for lunch or dinner.
Grilled Nectarine and Lentil Salad [Vegan]
For the Salad:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 nectarines cut in quarters
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 2 cups firmly packed rocket salad (arugula)
- A generous sprinkle of vegan feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons almond flakes
For the Dressing:
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Maple syrup (2-3 teaspoons)
- Heat up 1 tablespoon olive oil in a hot grill pan. Place the nectarines (flesh side down) in a pan and grill for 30-60 seconds on each side. Pour 1 tablespoon maple syrup over the nectarines and toss the nectarines over the pan. Cook for a further 1-2 minutes until slightly caramelized. Set aside.
- In a salad bowl, combine lentils, rocket, and vegan feta and mix well.
- To toast almond flakes, heat up a non-stick pan. Add the almond flakes into the dry pan and keep tossing until golden brown (1-2 minutes). Set aside.
- To make a dressing, combine olive oil and lemon juice and whisk well. Slowly add the maple syrup until you reach the right balance between sweet & sour (2-3 teaspoons).
- Add the grilled nectarines into the salad bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad (you might not use all of it, so add a little at a time) and mix well. Sprinkle with toasted almond flakes and pomegranate seeds and serve immediately.