This quick and easy dish is full of not-your-every-day flavors. The pineapple salsa is sticky and sweet, with crisp bell peppers mixed in. The tofu is spicy and crispy from the grill. It's the perfect meal to serve at a cook-out! Serve this with a side of sliced cucumbers for a cooling effect, or with rice and lettuce for a heartier meal.
Grilled Jerk Tofu With Pineapple Salsa [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Tofu:
- 1 7-ounce package extra firm tofu, sliced into 8 planks and pressed
- 1/4 cup jerk seasoning
For the Pineapple Salsa:
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, cored and diced
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño, minced, more or less to taste
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Combine the salsa ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Rub the pressed tofu with jerk seasoning. Heat up a grill to high heat and grill the tofu until it is warmed through and grill marks appear, about 2-4 minutes per side.