Kick off your summer cookout with this deliciously tasty and easy to make eggplant stack! Sliced eggplant is seasoned with paprika and then grilled until it begins to crisp. It's layered with a savory roasted red pepper sauce and served with simple sides of corn and sliced avocado.
Grilled Eggplant Stack With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Eggplant:
- 1 large eggplant, sliced
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup whole corn
- 2 sprigs of spring onion
- Extra virgin olive oil
For the Roasted Red Pepper Sauce:
- 1 large red pepper, roasted
- 2 large tomatoes, roasted
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon organic tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- Grind of salt and pepper
To Make the Eggplant:
- Lightly brush the eggplant slices with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika. Grill on both sides until soft.
To Make the Roasted Red Pepper Sauce:
- Roast the red pepper and tomatoes in the oven at 355°F for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the skins of the tomatoes, place into a food processor with all the ingredients for the sauce, and pulse until the sauce is your desired texture.
- Transfer sauce into a pan and allow to reduce to low heat.
- Assemble the stack, sauce, then a slice of eggplant, and repeat until you've used up the eggplant.
- Plate with the avocado and corn.
- Garnish with the spring onion.