This baked okra dish is proof that sometimes the best dishes are the simplest. Fresh okra is tenderized, seasoned, mixed with tomato sauce, and then baked. As it cooks, it absorbs the all the savory flavor of the tomato sauce. Top with plenty of garlic and parsley!
Greek-Style Baked Okra [Vegan]
- 10 cups okra
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 of 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 3 1/2 cups tomato juice
- 8 tablespoons olive oil, plus 1/2 of 1 glass of water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- If using fresh okra, place them in a baking dish, pour a little vinegar and let them in the set for 1-2 hours.
- Then add the rest of the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper and pour on the tomato juice and water. Mix well with your fingers until well combined.
- Bake in preheated oven at 392°F for about 50 minutes. Serve.