This Greek salad is a simple, yet delicious salad to enjoy for your next meal. It makes a great side dish to something a bit heartier or a light meal for days when you're not super hungry.
Greek Salad [Vegan]
For the Salad:
- 14 ounces chickpeas, rinsed
- 5.3 ounces mixed lettuce leaves
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 8 olives, pitted
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/4 a cucumber, sliced and quartered
- 1/4 onion, sliced
- Greek-style vegan cheese, crumbled or cut into small cubes
- A couple of nuts, chopped
- Dried mint
For the Dressing:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 clove of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all salad ingredients into a large bowl and toss to combine.
- To make the dressing, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. Taste test and, if required, add more salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to combine.
- Top with some greek style vegan cheese, chopped nuts, and dried mint.