This recipe is amazingly easy but does not lack flavor! This pasta salad is definitely perfect for dinner parties, or any time you're getting together with friends or family. The oil-free dressing is a healthier alternative, as well!
Greek Pasta Salad with Oil-Free Dressing [Vegan]
For the Pasta Salad:
- 1 pound whole wheat pasta
- 1 medium cucumber, roughly peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1 can chickpeas, drained & rinsed reserve the chickpea liquid
- 1-1 1/2 tablespoons capers
- 1 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 1 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 batch Oil Free Greek Dressing (recipe below)
- 1/2 cup pepperoncini rings
For the Dressing:
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 2/3 cup aquafaba/chickpea liquid
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1 1/2 tablespoons fresh oregano, minced
For The Pasta Salad:
- Cook Whole Wheat Pasta according to package instructions.
- Drain chickpeas - reserve liquid, rinse.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, mix in dressing.
- Top with Pepperoncini rings and serve.