A most delicious, golden, crumbly, and sweet apple crisp. In this nutritious yet sweet and buttery apple crisp, layers of juicy apple slices are baked to soft perfection and coated in a warm maple-butter sauce that is topped with a brown sugar and cinnamon crumble. It is sweet, buttery, slightly salty, and warming–perfect for the cold days of winter. The recipe prep only takes a bit of apple slicing and an assembling of the topping ingredients. Bake it in the oven and enjoy the aroma as the kitchen begins to smell like everything wonderful about autumn–maple syrup, cinnamon, baked apples. It tastes as divine as its fragrant, warming aroma, and is a delicious holiday dessert.
Golden Apple Crisp [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 8 peeled and sliced apples
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 and 1/2 cups of brown sugar
- 1 cup gluten-free, all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pink salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup + 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Slice apples and add to a deep baking dish.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a medium-sized mixing bowl and set aside.
- Melt oil and add the rest of the wet ingredients.
- Pour the melted mixture into the dry ingredients and mix.
- Top the sliced apples with this crumble mixture and bake at 375°F for 30-35 minutes or until the crumble becomes golden and apples are tender.