These were really nice. And easy. Make them! The consistency is lovely. Nice and chewy.
Glutinous Rice Balls [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup glutinous rice flour (other names: sticky rice flour, sweet rice flour, mochiko)
- 1/2 cup water
- chickpea hummus
- sundried tomatoes
- vegan cheese
- Mix glutinous rice flour and water until it is not sticky. Form it into a ball and cut into four parts, form into balls again, and cut into two parts (or more, depending on how big you want the rice balls) and roll into balls again. Cover with a damp kitchen towel.
- Take one ball and form the balls (if needed, look up videos on how to do this). Place a bit of filling into the middle, and close the ball by gently pressing the sides (do not pull, or it will rip) until it is closed.
- Boil a pot of water and put in the glutinous rice balls. I cooked mine until they felt done, roughly 10-15 mins.
- Remove the balls. They are very sticky now, so oil a plate and put them on, put them in soup, or serve straightaway.
You could add sweet fillings here as well and turn these into a dessert!
- Rice Flour