Enjoy life with those vegan gluten-free chocolate chip cookies that are oil-free yet so hearty and chewy.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies [Vegan]
1.8-oz cacao liquor or good quality organic dark chocolate
1.06 oz additive-free tahini
1.4 oz gluten-free rolled oats
6 tablespoons coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
1.8 oz carob powder
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
5.8 oz of unsweetened oat milk
3 tablespoons. of birch xylitol
- In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients (except cacao liquor/chocolate and tahini). Then add oat milk and mix well. Let the batter sit for 30 minutes to an hour stirring occasionally. The batter has soaked enough when the rolled oats have almost dissolved.
- Next, in a double boiler or in microwave oven, melt half of the cacao liquor or dark chocolate and all of the tahini (in case you take it out of fridge and it’s not runny). Chop the reminder of chocolate/cacao liquor or use ready chocolate chips instead.
- Now, stir the melted cacao liquor/tahini mixture into the batter. Add also chopped dark chocolate or chips leaving some to add on top of the cookies later.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Once you’ve chilled the dough, form 8 round cookies – form a ball between your palms and then press it down just a bit. Place the cookies on baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Leave enough space between cookies to be able to press them down a bit. Each cookie will weight about 45 grams (1.6oz). Now, sprinkle the reminder of chopped dark chocolate or chips onto cookies. Then, take a dessert fork and press the cookies down a bit, so that they’re about 1.5cm (0.59”) thick with a diameter of about 6cm (2.4”).
- Finally, bake the cookies at 175°C (350°F) for 16-18 minutes (if you’re after softer result, bake the cookies for less time, but if you prefer them denser, leave them into oven for longer). Transfer the cookies onto cooling rack and let cool a bit before eating.