These raw brownies or “rawnies” take raw snacks to another level; this is perfectly acceptable dessert territory. You could serve them with whipped coconut cream, a scoop of vegan ice-cream or, failing that, still feel free to munch on them as an extra special indulgent mid-afternoon treat. Did you know that, as an anti-inflammatory, ginger can help you to keep your smile healthy by supporting healthy mouth tissue? Yet one more reason to tuck in!
5-Ingredient Ginger Brownie Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 7 ounces dates, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp mixed seeds (I used milled seeds)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 1/2 inch piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder, plus extra to dust
- Add all of the ingredients together into a high-powered food processor and blend until combined.
- In a small baking tray, dust the bottom with a light layer of cocoa powder. Press the rawnie mix into the tray – you can level it out and get rid of your thumbprints by rolling a cup across the top.
- Dust the top with another light coating of cocoa powder. Place in the fridge and when you are ready to eat it, slice into bars.