Have you ever seen a cocktail this vibrant and beautiful? With this recipe, you get your vitamins and minerals while you’re having a cocktail. What could be better?
Ginger-Beet Moscow Mules [Vegan]
Beet Ginger Juice:
- 3 medium beets, peeled and diced
- 1 (1-inch) piece peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup water
- Crushed ice, as needed
- Ice cubes, as needed
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 3 to 4 ounces ginger beer
- Lime wedges, as needed
- To make the beet-ginger juice, combine the beets, ginger, and water in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer or cheesecloth into a medium bowl. Discard the pulp and set the juice aside.
- To make the Moscow Mule, fill a mule mug or glass with crushed ice. Add a few ice cubes to a cocktail shaker. Add the vodka, lime juice, and 1 1/2 ounces of the beet-ginger juice to the shaker and shake for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared glass and top with the ginger beer. Stir to combine and garnish with a lime wedge.
This makes enough beet-ginger juice for a few cocktails, but if you’re making it for a crowd, double or triple the measurements. Extra beet-ginger juice will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile