This delicious garlic chutney is a classic accompaniment for undi, Kokani rice dumplings, and it can also be served as a side for snacks and breakfast recipes. It's incredibly easy to make, but the flavor is strong. For a simple meal, pair this with steamed rice.
Garlic Chutney [Vegan]
- 8-10 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 red chili peppers
- 1 small ball of tamarind
- Using a pestle and mortar, lightly crush the garlic.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add garlic cloves and saute until it becomes golden brown in color.
- Add the red chili pepper and tamarind, saute for couple of minutes, and then remove from heat.
- Grind all the ingredients together in mixer/blender, adding water little by little, and blend it to form a thick, smooth paste.
- Transfer the chutney to a bowl, add salt, and mix well.
- The garlic chutney is now ready.
- Hot Pepper