I decided to do a fritatta recipe because this is quite a classic recipe which can be kept casual for a nice lunch or you can make mini ones and present them smartly with a drizzle of balsamic glaze and some cute pea shoots as a dinner party starter. Unlike an egg fritatta, which takes about 10 minutes to cook, these take about 40 minutes in the oven to set properly but can easily be made in advance and kept in the fridge until you need them. I reheated mine in the microwave for lunch the next day and it was just as tasty!
Garden Pea Tofu Frittata [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 package tofu
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp dairy-free milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lemon (juice)
- 5 ounces peas (uncooked but defrosted if using frozen)
- 3 spring onions
- Large bunch chives
- Pea shoots (optional for serving)
- In a blender add the tofu, garlic, yeast, milk, seasoning and lemon juice and blend until smooth. Tip in to a bowl and add the peas, sliced spring onions, finely chopped chives then stir to mix everything together
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour the tofu and pea mixture into your chosen dishes (I used two pie dishes measuring approx 4-5 inches across) and place on a baking tray then into the oven for 40 minutes until golden on top and set in the middle.
- Allow them to cool down in the dish slightly then tip out on to a plate making sure the nice golden side is on top! Top with a drizzle of balsamic and a bunch of pea shoots or cress or arugula leaves! This would also be lovely served with a fresh tomato salad.