These cookies are super crispy and super airy! While they only take about five minutes to bake, you turn off the oven and “fugetaboutit” for eight hours — even overnight.
Fugetaboutit Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 6 tablespoons aquafaba (liquid from canned chickpeas)
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate chips or shavings
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dried berries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl or measuring cup, combine the sugar, vanilla, and cardamom, set aside so vanilla soaks into the sugar
- In a mixing bowl, combine aquafaba and cream of tartar. Mix with a whisk beater on medium-high speed for several minutes until the mixture gets fluffy and forms soft peaks.
- Add the sugar, vanilla, and cardamom mixture. Continue mixing until stiff peaks form — scrape sides occasionally to ensure even mixing. Gently fold in chocolate chips, pecans and berries.
- Spoon 1 1/2 inch plops onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and space accordingly as they will fluff and expand to about 2-inch cookies. Bake for 5 minutes. Turn off the oven and let them sit in the closed oven for 8 hours or overnight.