This high-protein fudge is a great source of healthy fats, as well as completely free of refined sugar. It's your new favorite mid-day snack without the sugar rush and it tastes like fudge straight from the candy shop. It's made from chickpeas and dates that are infused with chai tea leaves. They need to be stored in the freezer to keep them from melting, so they're a sweet and satisfying treat on a hot day.
Fudgy Cinnamon Chai Protein Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 6 dates, soaked in 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon chai tea leaves, infused in boiling water with dates
- 1 teaspoon bourbon vanilla
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3/8 teaspoon stevia powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/2 tablespoon vegan vanilla protein powder
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- Combine the chickpeas, soaked dates, tea, vanilla, coconut oil, stevia powder, cinnamon, and vegan vanilla protein powder in a food processor and purée until smooth.
- Once the mixture is smooth, add in the coconut flour and purée until it thickens. Once thick, scrape into a rectangular loaf pan and place in the freezer to set.
- Leave in the freezer until firm, and then transfer to the refrigerator 20-30 minutes before you would like to eat it.
- Slice into squares and enjoy.
- The bars goes soft quickly when left out of the refrigerator/freezer, so keep refrigerated when not eating.