These brownies use the same healthy base of chickpeas, but has added antioxidants from cacao powder and omega 3 fatty acids from walnuts!
Fudge Walnut Brownies [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Fudge Walnut Brownies [Vegan]
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup all natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- a heaping 1/4 cup cacao powder or high-quality cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts + 1/4 cup for topping
- 1/4 cup mini-chocolate chips
How to Prepare Fudge Walnut Brownies [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 8x8 baking dish with oil of your choice or cooking spray, set aside.
- Add chickpeas, peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cacao powder to a food processor. Blend until creamy. (this may take a few minutes!)
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and fold in 1/3 cup chopped walnuts.
- Evenly spread mixture into a greased 8x8 baking dish, top with ¼ cup chopped walnuts and ¼ cup mini-chocolate chips and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Brownies are done when a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool, cut and enjoy!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.