These brownies use the same healthy base of chickpeas, but has added antioxidants from cacao powder and omega 3 fatty acids from walnuts!
Fudge Walnut Brownies [Vegan]
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup all natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- a heaping 1/4 cup cacao powder or high-quality cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts + 1/4 cup for topping
- 1/4 cup mini-chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 8x8 baking dish with oil of your choice or cooking spray, set aside.
- Add chickpeas, peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cacao powder to a food processor. Blend until creamy. (this may take a few minutes!)
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and fold in 1/3 cup chopped walnuts.
- Evenly spread mixture into a greased 8x8 baking dish, top with ¼ cup chopped walnuts and ¼ cup mini-chocolate chips and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Brownies are done when a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool, cut and enjoy!