Intrigued? Salivating? Tummy rumbling? We know the feeling. Turn your go-to summer drink order into your new favorite dessert! This tart has all of the classic lime and mint flavors from the classic cocktail. The base of the filling is avocado, which gives the tart the creamiest, most luscious texture you can imagine.
Frozen Mini Mojito Tart [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
1 mini tart
For the Crust:
- 2 tablespoons toasted shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons almond meal
- Tiny pinch of sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons room temperature coconut oil (no need to melt it)
For the Filling:
- 1 medium-sized avocado
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 packed teaspoon fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder (optional)
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup (depending on how sweet you want it)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
To Make the Crust:
- Line the bottom of a mini tart pan with parchment paper and cut a strip to fit around the inside rim. You can also do this with plastic wrap. Or, if you are using a muffin tin, just use standard paper muffin liners.
- In a small bowl, mix together the crust ingredients with a fork until they start to stick together. Press the crust evenly into the bottom of your pan. Place the pan in the freezer for 15 minutes so that the crust can set.
To Make the Filling:
- To make the filling, blend everything together until smooth, then taste and add more maple syrup if you like. Remove the pan/crust from the freezer. Pour the filling over the crust, smoothing out the top. Freeze the tart for 4-6 hours or overnight to allow it to fully set up. When ready to serve, let it thaw 10 minutes on the counter before slicing. Store leftovers in the freezer.