This fresh, crunchy winter salad is easy to throw together as a side to a quick meal. The creamy maple-tahini and the subtly sweet persimmon pair perfectly with the tart pop of flavor that you get from the pomegranate seeds. This salad is the perfect thing to throw together when you don't have much time on your hands and it can be enjoyed throughout your work week.
Fresh Winter Salad With Persimmon, Brussels Sprouts, and a Creamy Maple-Tahini Dressing [Vegan]
- 2 persimmons, peeled and sliced into wedges
- 2 handfuls of endive
- 3 handfuls mixed baby greens
- 3/4 cup sliced steamed or sautéed brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper, or more to taste
- Water, to thin
- Wash and thoroughly dry your greens.
- Allow your Brussels sprouts to come to room temperature after steaming and slice into thin slivers.
- Remove arils from your pomegranate and set aside.
- Combine all of your dressing ingredients mixing well. Depending on how thick your tahini is you may have to stir in some water to achieve a loose salad dressing-like consistency. Add water slowly, as needed.
- Drizzle over the salad just before serving.