These nutrient-packed spring rolls are the perfect way to detox after a long weekend. Fresh, and full of vegetables. Beautiful, colorful, and super crunchy. These are super fun to make. The spring rolls are paired with a spicy curry sauce that requires only 6 ingredients.
Fresh Veggie Spring Rolls [Vegan]
For the Spring Rolls:
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into stripes
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 zucchini, julienned
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 3 leaves red cabbage, cut into stripes
- 8 rice paper rounds
Spicy Curry Sauce:
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds soaked
- 1 carrot, cut into cubes
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/3 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Prepare all the vegetables for the rolls.
- Next, prepare a bowl with warm water.
- Dip the rice paper into the water until it is soft and pliable, about 5 seconds.
- Remove the rice paper rounds from the water and spread it flat on the work surface.
- Lay spinach, over the bottom third of the rice paper, flattening it with your palm.
- Then, then top with yellow bell pepper, zucchini, carrots, and red cabbage.
- Fold in the left and the right sides on the rice paper, then lift the bottom edge over the vegetables.
- Tightly tuck and roll the rice paper away from you.
- Continue rolling as tightly as possible until the roll is closed.
- Set aside seam side down.
- Repeat with the remaining paper and fillings.
- To make Spicy Curry Sauce, blend all the ingredients.
- To serve, cut each roll crosswise, into desired size.
- Serve Spicy Curry Sauce on the side.