This delicious bread has a touch of sweetness without being overly sweet! It is a vegan, whole-grain, oil-free, and slightly sweet fluffy cornbread! This cornbread is delicious as is, but even better if dipped in a brothy soup. The recipe is really easy: the basic mix dry ingredients, add wet ingredients and bake!
8-Ingredient Fluffy Cornbread [Vegan, Oil-Free]
Ingredients You Need for 8-Ingredient Fluffy Cornbread [Vegan, Oil-Free]
- 2 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups medium grind whole-grain cornmeal
- 1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
How to Prepare 8-Ingredient Fluffy Cornbread [Vegan, Oil-Free]
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8-inch glass baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix cornmeal, whole-wheat pastry flour, baking powder, and salt with a whisk.
- Add applesauce and maple syrup to the milk and vinegar and whisk to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the bread comes out clean.
- Let cool in baking dish for 10 minutes.
- Lift the bread out of the baking dish and let cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Slice in four on each side to have 12 squares.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per square Calories: 138 | Carbs: 28 g | Fat: 1 g | Protein: 3 g | Sodium: 37 mg | Sugar: 5 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.