Thick, rich, and perfectly spiced, these flourless pumpkin spice pancakes are the best fall breakfast. They're made from banana flour (also called plantain flour) combined with pumpkin spice, pumpkin purée, and stevia for sugar-free sweetness, making them grain-free, sugar-free, and oil-free!
Flourless Pumpkin Spice Pancakes [Vegan, Grain-Free]
2 (about 6 pancakes)
- 1 1/2 cups banana flour (plantain flour)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2-4 tablespoons stevia, depending on how sweet you want your pancakes
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 cup almond milk
- Nuts or vegan chocolate chips for topping (optional)
- Preheat your griddle to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, mix the banana flour, pumpkin pie spice, and stevia.
- Add the pumpkin purée and almond milk and stir into a thick batter.
- Measure out about 1/4 cup of the batter for each pancake onto the griddle, and cook 8-10 minutes on each side. Some griddles cook at different heats so you know they're ready to flip if the edges are drying, and they're done when the centers no longer feel gooey.
- Top with nuts or chocolate chips.