A simple and tasty weeknight meal, this nut-free pesto pasta requires only five ingredients and 15 minutes to make. The simplicity of this dish is no match for the insane flavor explosion every time you take a bite! Get the recipe for this perfectly balanced pasta recipe below.
Five Ingredient Nut-Free Pesto Pasta [Vegan]
- 1 box lentil pasta
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Optional: 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Cook the pasta according to directions, making sure you boil in a pot of heavily salted water for added flavor.
- In a food processor, add the remaining ingredients and pulse until finely chopped, but still slightly chunky.
- Drain the pasta water and stir in the pesto. You can add veggies, such as chopped kale or grape tomatoes, or a side of additional protein if you like!