It is really gratifying to satiate sweet cravings with something healthy and these energy bites fit the bill! Who would not love a healthy sweet treat? There is no sugar in these balls. These are sweetened with dates. Dates are rich in several vitamins and minerals. Dates also contain calcium, iron, potassium, phosphorous, manganese, copper and magnesium. Adding dates to your sweets is a good way of incorporating them into your diet.
5-Ingredient Cashew Date Energy Bites [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 3/4 cup dates
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Toast cashews until fragrant and slightly golden in color. Set aside to cool.
- In a thick bottom wok, toast oats till mildly fragrant. Set aside to cool.
- Blend cashews into a powder.
- Blend oats into a powder.
- Wash dates. Chop them into small pieces.
- Transfer the dates to a wok. Add coconut oil. Cook on low flame. Soon the dates will begin to soften. Mash the dates with the back of the ladle.
- Add cashew powder. Add oat powder. Add chia seeds. Mix well. Turn off the heat.
- When the mixture is cool enough to handle, mix with your hands and mash to get a mixture of dough like consistency.
- Make walnut size bites.
Store cold bites in an airtight container.