These copycat balls are perfect to impress your guests at any occasion! They are a healthy alternative to the real Ferrero Rocher chocolates. You can also melt some dark chocolate and add an extra layer of chocolatey goodness to these awesome treats!
Ferrero Rocher Copycat [Vegan]
- 1 cup unpitted dates
- 1/2 cup oats or raw hazelnuts
- 1 heaped tablespoon raw cacao powder
- about 10 raw hazelnuts to place inside each ball
- water if needed
- a handful of raw hazelnuts to cover the balls
- Start by blending the handful of hazelnuts until you get them to crumbs. Put them on a plate and set aside
- Now place the 1/2 cup of oats or hazelnuts in a food processor and blend until you get flour. Then add the dates and the cacao powder and process again until the whole dough becomes a ball. If you don’t get it, then you will need to add some water to make it sticky. Add one spoon of water at a time.
- Once your dough is formed make the balls with your hands. Don’t forget to put a hazelnut inside of every ball. Now roll them on the plate we have the hazelnut crumbs as the real Ferrero Rocher.