This delicous bowl is nourishing, takes almost no prep time, and is super healthy for you too. It uses a creamy base of chickpeas, with some thinly sliced jalapeño to give them a bit of spice, that is topped off with some dry roasted fennel, broccoli, and carrots.
Fennel Bowl With Creamy White Beans and Dry Roasted Vegetables [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Fennel Bowl With Creamy White Beans and Dry Roasted Vegetables [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 large fennel bulb
- 8 ounces of broccoli, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium jalapeno, extremely thin
- 1 scant tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 scant tablespoon grapefruit or orange zest
- 2 tablespoon sumac
- 1 can of northern white beans
- 1 1/2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- A pinch of salt
How to Prepare Fennel Bowl With Creamy White Beans and Dry Roasted Vegetables [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Cut away the fennel fronds (save them for another dish).
- Thinly slice the fennel bulb.
- Combine the citrus zests with the sumac and a pinch of salt.
- Lay the vegetables and fennel on parchment lined cookie sheets. Sprinkle the citrus-sumac mix over top.
- Roast it for 10 minutes. Turn them over, sprinkle the citrus-sumac mix on the other side.
- Roast it for another 10 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, empty the can of beans, water and all, into a small skillet.
- Stir in the jalapenos and the nutritional yeast.
- Cover the skillet and allow it to cook for 6-7 minutes.
- To serve, spoon the white beans into a bowl and place the vegetables and fennel over top.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.