This aromatic herbed dish is a must-try! The crispy falafels are seasoned with fresh basil and parsley with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and baked to achieve savory perfection. They're then baked in crispy red bell peppers and drizzled with a tangy dill sauce for the perfect dish with Mediterranean flavors.
Falafel-Stuffed Peppers With a Coconut-Dill Sauce [Vegan]
For the Falafel-Stuffed Peppers:
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 cups canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley
- 3 tablespoons cold-pressed olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
For the Sauce:
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
To Make the Falafel-Stuffed Peppers:
- Slice bell peppers in half and remove seeds.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment or foil.
- Add all ingredients for falafel filling to a food processor and blend until the consistency is mostly smooth.
- Arrange bell peppers on the baking sheet and spray lightly with olive oil.
- Spoon falafel mixture into bell peppers until full. Distribute evenly among the pepper halves.
- Bake for 50 minutes, remove from oven, and allow to cool. Drizzle sauce over top. If desired top with chopped tomatoes and red onion.
To Make the Sauce:
- Shake coconut milk carton well. Then combine ingredients for sauce in a medium bowl and whisk to combine.