Okay, okay: kale chips have been around and around the web/blogging/food recipe sites forever. But these kale chips are the best. For real. And let’s face it, you can eat an entire bowl and have ZERO guilt in your game. So there! Plus 3 grams of protein per cup and loaded with potassium (move over bananas) for another vitamin punch. Snack time just got an upgrade.
Everything Bagel Kale Chips [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 8-12 large (or giant) leaves, washed with the hard stem removed and the leaves torn into smaller pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive or coconut (refined) oil
- 1 tablespoon everything bagel seasoning
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) of nutritional yeast (use more if you love it or less if you don’t)
- 1 teaspoon of black or white sesame seeds
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Into a large bowl, add your kale leave pieces and oil of choice. I toss to coat all of the leaves and then spread them out on the baking sheet into a single layer for optimum baking. Then sprinkle with your seasonings evenly.
- I used a bit more nutritional yeast for extra flavor (and protein). Place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the edges are turning golden brown.
- Remove and let cool completely on the baking sheet to crisp up nicely. Serve immediately. Enjoy!