I was never a big fan of lemonade, until I tried this one. It has a perfect balance of sour and sweet, and basil adds just a bit of refreshing flavor. Turmeric gives the lemonade a bright yellow color and powerful anti-inflammatory properties. Great for a hot summer day or in tropical climate.
Electric Lemonade [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 6 cups filtered water
- 4 lemons, de-seeded and peel cut off (can include the white pith, which has vitamin C)
- coconut nectar, stevia to taste (start with around 1/4 cup of coconut nectar and some stevia, then adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- pinch of black pepper
- pinch of maca
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- Prepare the ingredients.
- Place all ingredients except basil in a blender and blend on high for 45 seconds. The mixture may foam and expand, so it's good to have a kitchen towel handy.
- Strain mixture to remove any pulp.
- Add to a BPA-free or glass container, stir in basil, and set in the fridge to chill.
Can be made up to 1 day ahead.