Eggplant dip - with only 4 ingredients, this dip is an easy and impressive appetizer! Serve with all your favorite veggies and crackers.
Eggplant Dip [Vegan]
- 2 large eggplants
- 1 cup ground walnuts
- 4-5 garlic cloves smashed
- 5-6 tablespoons vegan mayo
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Wash the eggplants, and pierce with a knife in a few spots. Place on a baking tray and roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until they are very soft. Let them cool.
- Peel the cooled eggplants, and tear them in big chunks. Place in a colander to drain for 15 minutes.
- Smash the garlic cloves with salt in a mortar till you get a smooth paste.
- Grind walnuts until you have pieces approximately the size of breadcrumbs or slightly bigger.
- Once the eggplants have drained, place in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients, and mash with a fork, till everything is fully mixed.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, and serve as a dip, with pita chips, or smeared on toasted bread.