You can eat this cookie dough raw! No one will yell at you. You will not miss other cookie doughs with this sweet treat combining medjool dates and cacao nibs. This recipe is also chickpea-free, which a lot of eat-out-of-the-jar vegan cookie doughs have as their base. Satisfying your sweet tooth with something that doesn't make you feel like garbage/feel ill is always a plus, right?
5-Minute Edible Date-Sweetened Brown Rice Cookie Dough [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice cereal, ground into flour (see notes)
- 1/4 cup peanut flour plus 6 tablespoons water (see notes)
- 1 cup (8-10 large) Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao nibs or vegan chocolate chips (see notes)
- Add the brown rice cereal into a high-speed blender (or food processor — see notes) and run until ground into a flour.
- Mix the peanut flour and water into a small bowl until smooth, then add it plus all of the ingredients except for the chocolate chips (or cacao nibs) into a food processor and run until uniform, then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a 1 tablespoon cookie scooper or measuring spoon, scoop the cookie dough bites, and roll into balls.
Using a food processor to grind the cereal may result in a slightly coarse flour. You can sub regular nut butter for the peanut flour. Using raw cacao nibs will make this recipe refined sugar free. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.