Presenting: gluten-free, yeast-free bread that's also easy to make! There's no compromise in flavor and texture in this fabulous bread loaf. Serve a slice of this bread toasted and topped with mashed avocado or try it as sandwich bread! You can't go wrong!
Easy Yeast-Free Bread [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 cup gluten-free flour blend
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup avocado oil or melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed, plus 3 tablespoons water)
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk of choice
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the flaxseed and water and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients, adding the flaxseed meal egg last.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well.
- Spoon the batter into two lightly greased mini loaf pans.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan.