Soft and chewy puffed up cookie with the right amount of cinnamon and a hint of vanilla. During baking, the cookies will puff up and the surface should crack, giving them the characterized snickerdoodle look.
Easy Snickerdoodle Cookies [Vegan]
- 7-ounces all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4-ounces vegan butter, soft
- 5 1/4-ounces granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons aquafaba
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1 1/2-ounces granulated sugar (to coat)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (to coat)
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In a big bowl, beat the butter and sugar until creamy using a hand mixer (about 2 to 3 minutes). Add the aquafaba and continue beating until well combined.
- Beat in the vanilla paste. Add the flour mixture and mix with a wooden spoon until you have a smooth dough. Cover and refrigerate until firm (1 hour).
- Preheat oven to 400°F and place rack in the center of the oven. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Shape the dough into 12, 1-inch round balls.
- In a large bowl mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll the balls of dough in the cinnamon sugar and place on the prepared baking sheet, spacing about 2-inches apart. Using the bottom of a glass to gently flatten each cookie before baking will help to have an even bake.
- Bake the cookies for about 8 - 10 minutes, or until they are light golden brown and firm around the edges and the center of the cookies will still be a little soft.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.