There are truly so many ways you can make pancakes cruelty free and delicious. And with fewer ingredients than traditional non-vegan pancakes, they will be a lot cheaper to make too.
Easy Pancakes [Vegan]
- 1 1/4 cup plain flour
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup water or vegan milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon sunflower or vegetable oil
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large bowl
- Whisk the water and oil together in a small bowl. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, and pour in the wet.
- Whisk the mixture a little further until combined
- Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over low-medium heat
- Drop batter by large spoonfuls into the pan, and cook until bubbles form and the edges have browned
- Flip, and cook until browned on the other side
- Repeat with remaining batter, serve with desired toppings and enjoy!
To get really thick and fluffy pancakes, keep the heat relatively low as they will rise more – it takes a little longer, but I can assure you it’s worth it!