This pasta sauce can be made in an Instant Pot and is a wonderful twist on the classic marinara sauce!
Easy Instant Pot Eggplant Marinara Sauce [Vegan]
- 1 cup red onion, sliced (100g)
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped (6g)
- 1 eggplant, cut into bite-sized pieces (about 2 1/2 cups / 270g)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 small can tomato paste (6oz / 170g)
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 cup water (235ml)
- A few turns of black pepper
- Press the saute button on your Instant Pot (IP) and allow the inner pot to heat up for 2 minutes. Add the onion, garlic and parsley and saute for 1 minute, stirring frequently so the garlic doesn’t burn.
- Add the eggplant, salt and 1 tablespoon of water and cook for three minutes, stirring frequently. Add the tomato paste, coconut aminos, water and black pepper and stir.
- Turn the IP off and lock the lid into place. Turn the nozzle to the “sealing” position and using the manual setting, set the timer for 20 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, use the quick release method.
- Serve over pasta, grains, bread or veggies.