The easiest flapjacks, which are chewy, crumbly and full of flavor. They're perfect for breakfast, to crumble over dairy-free yogurt and ice-cream! This recipe is very quick and simple & is a real English sweet treat!
Easy Flapjacks [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups of gluten-free oats
- 2/5 cup of gluten-free plain flour
- 1 cup of dairy-free butter/margarine
- 3/4 cup of golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Between 3/4 and 1 cup of light brown sugar
- Pre-heat your oven to 350°F and line a square baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- Put the oats and plain flour into a large mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter/margarine, golden syrup, vanilla extract and sugar in a small saucepan on the hob.
- Pour into the dry mixture and mix together until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the lined baking tin and press down to compact the mixture.
- Pop the tray into the middle of the pre-heated oven and leave to bake for approximately 25 minutes.
- Turn it around and bake for a further 5-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once golden brown, remove the tin from the oven and place onto a cooling rack to fully cool down!
- Slice the flapjack into squares and enjoy.
- Keep stored in a sealed container in the fridge.