This is a super easy recipe. If you’ve never had Elote, it’s basically a Mexican street food that consists of grilled corn on the cob, topped with mayonnaise or other sauce and some kind of cheese (though there are a few different variations of it out there). It’s definitely a crowd-pleaser! Here's a vegan version to try instead of the classic.
Easy Elote: Mexican Corn on the Cob [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Easy Elote: Mexican Corn on the Cob [Vegan]
How to Prepare Easy Elote: Mexican Corn on the Cob [Vegan]
- Cook your corn by either grilling or steaming it. Technically Elote uses grilled corn, but if you don't have access to a grill, you can steam until the corn turns a dark yellow and becomes tender.
- Using a butter knife, spread the vegan mayo on the corn cob until coated.
- Roll your coated corn across a plate or other dish with the vegan bacon bits. You may need to crush the bacon pieces so that they will stick more easily.
- Mix your spices, vegan parmesan, cilantro and pepper in a bowl. While rotating the corn, sprinkle on the mixture until it sticks between the vegan bacon. Press into it if needed, so the toppings stick.
- Serve with corn cob holders or skewers and enjoy!
You may want to cut the corn in half after cooking just to make it easier to add the toppings
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 213 | Total Carbs: 31 g | Total Fat: 9 g | Total Protein: 10 g | Total Sodium: 351 g | Total Sugar: 9 g Calculation used 1 tablespoon each of vegan parmesan, vegan mayonnaise, and vegan bacon bits.Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.