This beetroot soup gives all the earthy tastes of the roots in it, and receives a final twist of lemon juice to wake up the buds. Serve it over the grain of your choice!
Earthy Beetroot Soup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 chopped stalk of celery
- 1 parsley root sliced into 1/4-inch chucks
- 4 beetroots sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 sliced garlic cloves
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a big pot fry the onion, celery, parsley root, carrots, and beetroots for 5-8 min on high heat.
- Add the spices and stir in. Let them fry together for 2-3 minutes more.
- Add the sliced garlic cloves and fry for 1 minute more.
- Add 2 liters of boiling water and stir well. Let it all boil together for 5 minutes, and then partially cover the pot, turn heat to lowest and cook for 45-60 min.
- Add juice of 1/2 lemon and stir in. Taste and adjust lemony flavor with the juice of the other 1/2 lemon.