Soft and chewy Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Cookies – the perfect cookie for chocolate lovers. This recipe is using strong espresso, which blends perfectly with the chocolate flavors, but you could also use regular coffee or replace the coffee with water.
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/8 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 1/8 cup strong espresso coffee
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the chocolate chips to the flour mixture and toss to coat.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk the sugars briskly with the oil and espresso until smooth and incorporated, about 2 minutes.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture, and then stir with a a rubber spatula until just combined and no flour is visible. Do not over mix. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 6 hours (up to 24 hours).
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator and use an ice cream scoop or a spoon to portion dough into 8 balls.
- Bake for 12 to 13 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Let cool completely before serving.