Gooey, decadent, and rich double chocolate chip cookie skillet. This recipe is simple, easy to make, and will be your new favorite weeknight treat. This recipe is ideal for a date night, family movie night, or, heck, a personal self-care night.
Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, melted or sub melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 3 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 3 tablespoons creamy almond butter or sub other nut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 10" cast iron skillet or cake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter and sugars until creamy. Add milk, almond butter, and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and soda, and salt. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to combine until a soft dough forms. Fold in chopped chocolate. Spread dough into the prepared baking dish. Top with more chopped chocolate, if desired.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes until the top is hard to touch (it will be soft, but not gooey) and edges have formed a slight crust. Allow cooling for 5 minutes and enjoy warm.