These are double chocolate cherry brownies! Super chocolatey and rich brownie with little bursts of tangy cherries. They’re everything a brownie should be, a slight bite on the outside and a moist fudgy texture in the middle.
Double Chocolate Cherry Brownies [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed, ground
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1.5 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup dried cherries in syrup, halved
- 3/4 cup self raising flour
- 4 heaped tablespoons cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 340°F and line a square baking tin.
- Mix flaxseed with 4 tbsp water to form a gel. In a small pan, melt chocolate chips with water and coconut oil until smooth. Remove from the heat and stir through sugar and vanilla extract until the sugar has dissolved. Now add the cherries and stir briefly to combine. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, mix together self raising flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Add the wet mix to the bowl and stir until everything is evenly mixed. Pour mix into baking tin, adding a few extra cherries and chocolate chips on top if desired.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 mins, until the top is starting to crack. Allow to cool fully before slicing into squares.