These deviled tomatoes are a perfect alternative to deviled eggs. The tomatoes are stuffed with a nutrition-packed variation of hummus. It tastes so much like the filling of a deviled egg, you will be surprised! They are a breeze to make and look beautiful on any holiday table, or any time! These deviled tomatoes are so fun to make––you have to try them!
Deviled Tomatoes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 12 plum tomatoes (try to get them all the same size and not too big… about the size of an egg)
- 1 1/2 cups (1 can) no-salt-added garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons raw cashew butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard, low sodium
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kala Namak salt (adds that special eggy flavor)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- paprika and fresh parsley for topping
- Cut the tomatoes in half, lengthwise, scoop out and discard the seeds and pulpy flesh. Set aside.
- Place remaining ingredients in food processor and puree until smooth.
- Stuff the tomatoes with the bean mixture.
- Sprinkle with paprika and top with chopped parsley for garnish