The best part is that once it’s made, this fudge can last for a couple of weeks in the refrigerator. This recipe adds walnuts for extra texture, but if you prefer a smooth fudge, they can be omitted or replaced with your favorite nut! Reprinted with permission from Vegan Chocolate Treats by Ciarra Siller, Page Street Publishing Co. 2020. Photo credit: Ciarra Siller
Delicious Walnut Fudge [Vegan]
- 1 (11.6-oz [330-g]) can sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 2 cups (360 g) vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup (60 g) walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon (5 g) Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- Coat an 8 x 4–inch (20 x 10–cm) or similar size loaf pan with nonstick spray, and then line it with parchment paper, leaving an overhang so you can easily remove the fudge.
- In a small pot, combine the condensed coconut milk and chocolate chips and cook over medium-low heat, stirring almost continuously, until the chocolate is melted and smooth, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the vanilla, salt and walnuts.
- Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan and press it evenly along the bottom. Place the fudge in the freezer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until solid.
- Use the parchment-paper handles to remove the block of fudge from the pan. Dust the top of the fudge with the cocoa powder and then cut it into 32 (1-inch [2.5-cm]) squares