This recipe has all the flavors you'll find in sushi, deconstructed in one bowl. It starts with a bed of sticky sushi rice, followed by avocado and fresh vegetables that are drizzled in a sweet umami sauce. A sprinkle of black sesame seeds for garnish adds just a touch more flavor and creates a lovely presentation. Enjoy this dish for lunch at home, or take it with you to work or school.
Deconstructed Sushi Bowl [Vegan]
For the Bowl:
- 2 cups of prepared sushi rice
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup of cucumber
- 1-2 large carrots, peeled
- 1 cup of red cabbage, roughly chopped
- 2-3 sheets of nori, cut into small pieces
For the Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
For the Garnish:
- Black sesame seeds
- Green onion
- Pickled ginger
- Prepare sushi rice according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing by whisking together the liquid aminos, rice vinegar, agave nectar, and toasted sesame oil.
- Cut and prepare the vegetables, nori, and any other desired fix-ins.
- When the rice is finished cooking, divide into equal portions, top with desired vegetables, drizzle on some dressing, and enjoy immediately.