What’s fab about the strudels, is everything! It’s quick, easy, has minimal ingredients, can easily be made in bulk, rich with chocolate, filled with toasted nuts, perfect for any season, perfect for brunch entertaining, can easily be made in bulk, and you can make in advance by baking the entire thing and slicing later!!
Dark Chocolate Strudel With Toasted Nuts [Vegan]
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 2/3 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Take out a sheet of puff pastry and let it defrost. (10 minutes)
- Preheat oven to 375°F degrees. Spread the nuts on a pan and toast for 5 minutes. Allow to cool and then chop.
- Microwave the dark chocolate and coconut oil for 30 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds to prevent burning until fully combined.
- On a lightly floured surface open up the puff pastry sheet.
- Take a rolling pin and roll out to about 12" square. Just making it a little bit bigger
- Spread on the chocolate to about 1/2" from the edge, keeping those bare so the roll will stick together.
- Sprinkle on the chopped nuts.
- Slice 5 strips, and begin to roll up each. You can also roll up the entire thing, jelly roll style, and make slices. You can also place seam side down bake the entire roll (make a few slits on top) and slice after, it's whatever you prefer!
- Bake at 375°F degrees for 20 minutes. If the chocolate seems as though it's drying out or they are burning simply cover with an aluminum foil tent.
- Let cool on a wire rack.