What I love about this recipe, is everything! It’s super easy, affordable, involves minimal ingredients, minimal effort, is fun to make, can easily be done in bulk, the filling could be used for other recipes, perfect for Easter, and non-vegan approved!
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup vegan butter or margarine melted
- 1 8-ounce bag vegan dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Beat together powdered sugar, peanut butter and melted vegan butter. If you want to cut calories, combine use peanut butter powder. If the dough is too wet, add more peanut butter powder or flour, if too dry add almond milk 1 tbs at a time.
- Dust a surface with flour or peanut butter powder, roll the dough and set aside once it comes together and set aside to chill in fridge. Add the chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a microwave and melt for seconds at a time. Stirring midway to prevent chocolate from burning.
- Coat the molds with chocolate and set in the fridge to solidify. (5 mins) Remove from fridge and repeat until you achieve a fairly thick layer to form the top. Now take the peanut butter filling, and press into the chocolate, leaving space for the tops to be coated in chocolate.
- Coat the bottoms and set in fridge to chill for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Enjoy!