These macaroons that melt in your mouth are enhanced with vanilla and mint extracts and a dark chocolate coating. Their cute shape makes them perfect for holiday parties!
Dark Chocolate-Dipped Vanilla Mint Macaroons [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup softened coconut butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut milk (plus more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste, or the contents of 1 vanilla bean
- 5-6 drops mint oil or 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 heaping cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1.5 ounces dark chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 300°F and grease a baking sheet with coconut oil.
- Mix together the coconut butter, syrup, coconut milk, vanilla, and mint oil until it is smooth and uniform in appearance.
- Stir in the sea salt and shredded coconut until the mixture starts to stick together and form a ball. It will be soft, but should hold together when you roll it in a ball in your hands.
- Using damp fingers, scoop out heaping tablespoon-sized portions of dough and roll them into balls. Place them on the greased cookie sheet and gently shape the tops into points with the tips of your fingers. You can always leave them as mounds if you want to skip this step.
- After you have used up all of the dough, place the baking sheet in your preheated oven and bake the macaroons for 25-30 minutes until the bottoms are golden and they are firm to the touch. Cool the macaroons completely.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and coconut oil together. Once the chocolate is completely melted and shiny, pour it into a small bowl.
- Dip the tip of each macaroon into the chocolate, gently shaking off any excess. Repeat with the remaining macaroons. The chocolate will eventually set at room temperature, but you can place the macaroons in the fridge to speed up the process.