Talk about breakfast on-the-go! These pancake bites are easy, affordable, fun, modern, has minimal ingredients, less messy, great for entertaining, can be paired with whatever filling you like! They are totally kid-friendly and perfect for any season. Breakfast just got a whole lot more fun.
Dark Chocolate Blueberry Pancake Bites [Vegan]
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 1 small banana (mashed)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup almond milk (mixed with 1 teaspoon vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- Combine vinegar and almond milk and set aside to allow it to curdle to create a vegan "buttermilk."
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray donut hole pan with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and coconut sugar.
- Stir together vegan egg, vanilla, almond milk, and coconut oil.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Fill each hole close to full to achieve the round ball look and press 2 blueberries in each cavity.
- Bake 12 minutes then flip each hole and bake for another 3 minutes.
- Serve with syrup, glaze or dusted in powdered sugar, if desired.